ResNorth Housing

Spring is here and in college that means picking a place to live when returning in the fall! It gives students something to look forward to but can also be nerve racking at the same time since you never know if you'll get into the Res Hall or Apartment of your choice.

Langdon

Next fall I hope to be able to get a spot in the Langdon Woods suites with 3 of my friends but when I started looking into the ResNorth Housing Selection Process process I realized that students that already live in ResNorth get the choice before other students around the campus to keep their spot or change to another spot that is located in the ResNorth area. I don't see how that is fair. Why do the students that already live there have the upper hand of the draw? I realize that a lot of upperclassmen  live in these areas, but the ranking numbers are based by student's age and credits earned. For the most part that means that they should have a high enough ranking that they would be above underclassman anyways.

I think that the housing process should be just by ranking number. That would give more of a equal chance for everyone to get into the dorms/apartments that they would like to live in.

2 thoughts on “ResNorth Housing

1. I also hope to get a room in Langdon Woods next year. I completely agree with you that the process should be by your ranking number. Being an upperclassmen should give you an upperhand in some situations such as when theres an upperclassmen and underclassmen both going for the same room or apartment with ranking numbers that are very close to one another. This is a situation where being an upperclassmen gives you the advantage and you win the room. Other than that I feel like you work hard enough already just to be at the ranking you are at, so it should be used to complete the housing process.

2. I'm not positive the place you are getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend a while learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic info I used to be searching for this information for my mission.